Okay, so paleOMG.com has become my favorite recipe site lately. It has so many different, interesting, yummy recipes (especially dessert ideas – help!). Anyways, if the heat is getting to you, cool off with this recipe below. I just made these last weekend, and they are AMAZING! If you want to see the original post, click here: http://paleomg.com/4th-of-july-strawberry-creamsicles/
4th of July Strawberry Creamsicles (I know, 4th of July has passed, but they still will taste just as good)
Prep time: 45 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 (14 ounce) can of coconut cream (Trader Joe’s has it!), at room temperature
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup freeze dried strawberries
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Whisk together coconut cream and ¼ cup honey. Then pour ingredients in an ice cream maker.
- While ice cream is churning, place freeze dried strawberries in a food processor and pulse until fruit is completely broken down.
- When ice cream is almost done churning, pour the pulsed fruit into the ice cream maker to let combine with the ice cream.
- (If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can mix the ice cream with pulsed fruit, pour into a bread pan, place in freezer, then scoop out when solid. A little time in the microwave may be needed to help soften it.)
- Mix together diced strawberries and 2 tablespoons honey in a small bowl.
- When ice cream is done, scoop into small disposable cups, then top with a bit of fresh strawberries and press down into ice cream. Then press a craft stick into the middle.
- Repeat with all ice cream. I made 5 ice cream pops with the ingredients.
- Place in freezer for 30+ minutes to let harden.
- Serve immediately.