Sick of regular mashed potatoes – try this recipe from www.nomnompaleo.com:
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee, plus 1 tablespoon of butter or ghee
- 3/4 lb parsnips (or about 5 medium parsnips), coarsely chopped
- 2/3 lb carrots (or about 2 large carrots), coarsely chopped (slightly smaller than parsnips)
- 1 1/2 lb cauliflower florets (or about 1 small head of cauliflower), coarsely chopped
- 4 green garlic stalks, thinly sliced or 4 whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1) Melt three tablespoons of butter in a large stock pot over medium heat and chop up veggies and garlic
2) Dump the veggies, broth, and water into the pot and wait until it comes to a boil.
3) Lower the heat and simmer the covered pot for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are mushy.
4) Add salt, pepper, and the last tablespoon of butter and puree everything with a blender
That’s it! Check out the original post (that has many pictures!) at: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/4157757611/cauliflower-carrot-and-parsnip-puree#