Here’s another great recipe from Sarah Fragoso, author of the hit blog: everydaypaleo.com – check out the link for more holiday recipe ideas!
A tropical twist on a traditional favorite, it’s sure to make your holiday season “hotter”!
Wild Mango Sweet Potatoes
2lbs sweet potatoes
2 cups peeled and diced mango
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1 tablespoon honey
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Sea salt to taste
2 tablespoons butter or ghee
2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the diced mango, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, honey, cayenne, and a bit of salt.
- In the meantime, either bake your sweet potatoes or cook them in a pressure cooker for 6-8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, move the cooked potatoes from the pressure cooker to a large mixing bowl, or if you baked them, scoop the insides out of the skins into a large mixing bowl.
- To the potatoes add the ghee or butter and coconut milk and mash together with a potato masher until smooth.
- Spread the potatoes into a casserole dish and evenly spread the mango mixture on top of the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top of the sweet potatoes and mangos with sliced almonds and finish under the broiler until the almonds are toasted. As you can see in the picture, I got distracted and left mine in too long – it was still delicious but keep a close eye so that you do not burn your almonds!